Monday, April 9, 2007

The Secret of a Big Envelope

For months I have been back and forth on where I should go to college. Everyone has been constantly asking me where I wanted to go and I think every time I have answered with something different. First I wanted to go to Binghamton, then I wanted to go to Delaware, after that I wanted to go to Buffalo, then I decided I wanted to go to college in Boston, then Delaware again, and then my Dad told me he wanted me to go to a SUNY so then I was trying to decide between Buffalo and Binghamton. About a month ago I finally decided to go to Binghamton but when I decided, I hadn't gotten a letter from them yet. Even though it wasn't official, I was really excited because I thought that now when people asked me where I was going to go, I could actually give them a definite answer.
About two weeks later, a few of my friends got there letters from Binghamton and they only got in for spring and they got wait listed for the fall. Not to sound horrible, but I was actually happy because I thought that meant I would get in for fall. I began to get a little to obsessed with the mail and I started waiting for it like everyday.
Finally, after all of my waiting, my letter finally came. When I got it, it was in a huge green envelope and on the envelope it said "Your the one that we want." I was so relieved and I ripped it open right at the mailbox so I could read it. I started to read it and then I did a double take. Not only was my letter an acceptance letter, it was at the same time a rejection letter. I bet you never heard of that before.
After all of my cockiness, I too only got into Binghamton for the spring and got wait listed for the fall. At first I was devastated because I just was not expecting this to happen, especially after the stupid letter came in a huge envelope. Its not the end of the world, I guess I could be much worse off. Other people I know got completely wait listed and others got flat out rejected. The only part that really is annoying is that I stil don't know where I am going to go. I don't know, maybe I would have been better off being flat out rejected, that way I could at least make a decision instead of waiting around to see if I get taken off the waiting list.

No comments: