Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Senioritis

Senioritis. I never thought that I would get it. For all of those who are unfamilar with it, Senioritis causes Seniors (in high school or college) to become extremely lazy. Seniors with the disease either a) put off all of their work until the last possible second or b) do not do their work at all. The disease is supposedly caused by a lack of motivation due to graduation.

In my case, Senioritis did not hit me all at once, it kind of just appeared gradually. One Monday I was about to start a project andI thought, this isnt due to till Friday, why do I have to start it now? And then the rest of the week just went by and before I knew it, it was thursday night and I had not written one thing.

At about 11:30 that night I finally started my project. I did alot of it but then around 1 I started to get tired. I decided to do a little bit more of it and then to go to sleep. I set my alarm a little bit earlier than usual so I could finish it when I woke up. In the morning when my alarm went off I didn't even realize it and I slept right through it. I woke up at an hour and a half later than I was supposed too late for school with my project not being done.

I ended up missing the first few periods of school because I had to finish my project. It wasn't the end of the world but I did happen to fall under Senioritis' wrath. Since then I occasionally skip a homework and I sometimes "forget" to study for a test but nothing too bad. I wish I could do something that could help to fight Senioritis but unfortunately I am just too lazy.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had a ball with that video. Thanks for posting. Do you mind if I link your blog from mine? Holla back.