Monday, May 21, 2007

Reminiscing...

School is almost over. It is so weird to think about and I cannot believe it is happening. I feel like it was yesterday when my dad dropped me off for my first day. I moved the second day of freshman year so my dad had to drive me from my old house. It was a twenty minute drive and I had to get up at 5:45 so I wouldn't be late. He felt sorry for me so he stopped and got me Dunkin Donuts on the way to school. When I got to school I had no clue where my first class was so by the time I got there I was so scared and when I walked in I didn't know where to sit. I know it sounds ridiculous but I didn't know anybody and I didn't want to sit where I would be in between someone and their friend. I got even more nervous when the teacher called my name because everyone turned around and looked at me because I was new. That whole first week was really hard and I don't know when it happened, but I made friends and I started talking to a lot of different people. After a while I finally became happy about the fact that I moved.
I have to write my Senior thesis. Supposedly, it is a "reflection on our high school career." I have no clue what that means and my teacher told me to write about myself and how I have changed. I don't even know where to begin for that paper because so much has happened to me since I started that first day. Looking back I am so glad that I moved. I made a lot of friends and I became more outgoing. I'm definitely not as shy as I was in middle school.
Senior year has been amazing. I think this has been the best year of my life. I don't know why, but I am just having so much fun. I almost never get homework, just projects so unless I have something due the next day, I can see my friends at night. I am so excited to leave for college and end high school but I know I am going to miss my friends. I think that is going to be one of the hardest things about going to college, leaving my friends.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah I started reminiscing so I decided to write a blog. http://deardave.squarespace.com

I write about things in college I have learned, tnhings I wish I would have done, things that I did do and recommend to others. I allow anyone and everyone to write about there college advice and experiences too.

You are welcome to go by and write if you would like.

Well Have a good one
David