Monday, May 14, 2007

Wouldn't It Be Nice If We All Had An Undo Button

Last night I was doing my usual nightime computer ritual of procrastinating doing my homework, stalking people on facebook, and playing a game. I don't play alot of video or computer games because I am not that good at them and honestly, who wants to play a game that they aren't good at? So, my guilty pleasure, the one game that I am good at, is Spider Solitaire.

Now, I personally think that Spider Solitaire is possibly the most underrated game ever. I don't know why, but whenever I go on the computer I like have to play it. Its like I am drawn to it. I often find myself saying "just one game" and then that one game turns into twenty (thats what happened every time I went to go do my 20 page research paper for English). I am so addicted to it its not even funny.

As I was playing last night I got to a point in the game where I had two choices to make of practically the same move. I had two different threes and I didn't know which one to move. I moved one of them and I didn't find the card underneath it useful so I hit "undo". It was if I had never moved the first three. I then moved the other three and underneath it was a very useful card. If only life was this simple.

Wouldn't it be nice if we all had an undo button in our life? Everything would be alot easier, whenever you messed up you could just hit undo and then it would be like nothing ever happened. Or even bettter, if you had two choices, you could try one of them and if it didn't work out you could just hit undo and try your other choice.

I wish I had an undo button. I could try out all the different options I have for college and then that would be the end of it. No more worrying about if I am making the right choice, no more stress, no more nagging from my mom, it would be so nice. Unfortunately, undo buttons only exist on computer games so I am going to have keep doing things the human way.

2 comments:

Jeffrey Tastes said...

Im so glad I dont have spider solitaire on my computer here. wait till i get home.

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.