Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Good Ol' Mom and Dad

Parents are special people. There is no other way to put it. They take care of you, they take you places (until you can drive and then they let you have the car), they embarrass you, they make you mad, they give you advice, and, most importantly, they love you no matter what you do.
My parents are special people. They are very special. And interesting. Lets just say I have got some stories. Anyways, I know they love me no matter what I say or do so I try to do the same back to them. When they embarrass me I try to let it go because it is actually almost funny. So, I deal with the embarrassment and all the other little annoying things that they do to me. Because of this, for the most part, my parents and I get along and we don't fight. I actually hate fighting with people in general and I especially hate fighting with my parents. Thats why I let so much go, its just not worth the fight. We aren't perfect though, we do fight and one of the few times is when either my mom or dad or both don't agree with a choice that I make.
I have a really hard time making decisions and choosing stuff so when I finally decide on something I am really happy. Yesterday, I finally made a decision about college (I am going to stay at home for the fall and got to college at home and then go to Binghamton in the spring unless I get taken off the waiting list for the fall) so I called my Dad to tell him what I wanted to do. I thought that he would be happy for me but all that happened was he started yelling to talk to my Mom.
That was not exactly the reaction that I was expecting from him, so I got mad at him and started yelling that he is not the one going to college, I am, and it is my decision because it is my life and not his. So then he started yelling back at me and then I gave the phone to my Mom and he started yelling at her that she pushed me in the wrong direction and that she should have been pushing me to go to Buffalo in the fall and not stay at home. When I heard that I got even more mad because all along my Dad has been saying he doesn't care where I go or what I do as long as I am happy but I guess all along he has been lying because he obviously does care.
I don't think I have ever been so mad at my Dad before. When he got home last night I did not say one word to him. I only spoke to him to ask if he was ready to apologize to me yet. He said no and that he was not going to apologive because he had nothing to apologize for. So then that was that.
My Dad will come around eventually and when he does, I will be waiting for him with open arms. Like I said, parents are special, and in my case stubborn, so I guess they should be handled with care.

No comments: